How can a dental trauma be manifested?
IMMEDIATE manifestations of dental injury
- Cracks or chipped pieces of the tooth enamel.
- Fracture of the crown of the tooth with or without pulp involvement.
- Horizontal or oblique root fractures.
- Loosening of the supporting structures of the tooth.(concussion).
- Dislodged or Luxated tooth.(pushed sideways).
- Partial or complete avulsion of the tooth.(knocked out).
DELAYED or long term manifestations
- Necrosis of the pulp
- Internal or external root resorption .