How can a dental trauma be treated?
The treatment depends on the type and severity of the damage, the time passed between the injury and the time of the treatment, the patient’s age and more specifically the stage of the root formation. The treatment varies significantly and includes:
- Simple observation of the case with re-examinations in predetermined times with X-rays and clinical examination aiming to reveal any possible discoloration of the dental crown, loss of vitality of the pulp, calcification of the root canal space or root resorption.
- Pulpotomy, in order to make time for the root formation to be completed
- Root apexification or revascularization techiques for immature teeth with open apices
- Orthodontic or surgical eruption of an intruded tooth
- Dental replantation
- Immobilization of loosen teeth